A selection of photos for SMB 2015 Conference.
Here is the Conference Attendee List.
Conference Theme: Disease, Medicine, Public Health, and Systems Biology
The 2015 Annual Meeting for The Society for Mathematical Biology will be held in Atlanta, GA from June 30- July 3, 2015. The conference will have new foci on mathematical modeling of disease, medicine, public health, and molecular systems biology, complementing the traditional topics of SMB. The conference is being hosted by the Department of Mathematics and Statistics and Neuroscience Institute within the College of Arts and Sciences at Georgia State University. The conference will be held at the Student/University Center of Georgia State University in Downtown Atlanta.
Questions regarding the conference can be directed to SMB15@gsu.edu.
Pre-conference Mentoring Workshop
The Society for Mathematical Biology is pleased to announce that we will be running a mentoring workshop for students, postdocs and junior faculty. This workshop will take place for a half day on June 29th from 1-6pm in Atlanta, Georgia (just prior to the annual SMB meeting and in the same location).
The aim of the workshop is to provide a central resource for career advice, include working towards academic and non-academic jobs, grant writing and tenure. Parts of the workshop will be designated a "safe space" where students, postdocs and junior faculty can ask questions without fear that a future employer may be in the room.
For more details, please see here.
G.K. Ananthasuresh (Indian Institute of Science, India)
John Jungck (University of Deleware, USA)
Andre Levchenko (Yale University, USA)
Eve Marder (Brandeis University)
Joshua B. Plotkin (University of Pennsylvania, USA) Okubo Award Winner
John Rinzel (New York University, USA) Winfree Award Winner
Michael Savageau (UC Davis, USA)
Eberhard Voit (Georgia Tech, USA)
Alissa Weaver (Vanderbilt University, USA)
Local Organizing Committee
Yi Jiang (Chair) Georgia State University
Andrey Shilnikov, Igor Belykh, Georgia State University
Eberhard Voit, Howie Weiss, Georgia Tech
Ilya Nemenman, Alessandro Veneziani, Emory University
Ying Xu, University of Georgia
Meghan Burke, Kennesaw State University
Arni S.R.Srinivasa Rao, Georgia Regents University
- Georgia State University
- Department of Mathematics and Statistics
- Center for Behavioral Neuroscience
- Institute for Biomedical Sciences
- Neuroscience Institute
- Georgia Institute of Technology
- College of Science
- College of Engineering
- Math Department
- Biology Department
- Institute for Bioengineering and Bioscience
- Biomedical Engineering Department
- Emory University
- Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
- Computational and Life Sciences Initiative
- Georgia Regents University
- College of Science and Mathematics
- Medical College
- Arni S.R.Srinivasa Rao, Georgia Regents University
- Yi Jiang, Remus Osan, Gerardo Chowell, Georgia State University
- Eberhard Voit, Georgia Tech
- Kasia Rejniak, Heiko Enderling, Moffit Cancer Center
- Meghan Burke, Kennesaw State University